On Circle from CircuOsity
My friend Jim Strader – Sasser has created a podcast, CircuOsity, that explores many aspects of being human and being community. Jim is among many things, an Episcopal Priest, based in Pennsylvania. Jim and I have known each other now for a year and a half.
Jim recently invited me to record a conversation with him for his podcast. It was fun to do. With Jim’s edits, it ended up being 30 minutes in length. We explore several things:
- abiding with self and community
- the reality of mystery (not all things figured out)
- stories as a way to reclaim context in contemporary life
- doing things in a good way (several aspects of circle as essential practice for turning to one another)
- artistry needed in humans being together in rather complex issues
- leaning in to trouble rather than away (or numbing)
- and a bunch more
Enjoy. I did.