Receive my Posts by Email
www.artofhosting.org — The Art of Hosting and Convening Meaningful Conversations is a training and practice retreat for all who aspire to lead by engaging with interactive ways of working with groups and teams. It is for leaders—those who want to help—community builders, teachers, social workers, youth workers, trainers, social innovators, administrators, community leaders, consultants, entrepreneurs, politicians. The Art of… Continue reading
1. Community Engagement Conversations: December 12, 2009, January 2010 TBA
3. Art of Hosting and Harvesting Conversations that Matter Training (3.5 Days): September 2010 TBA
- Deep dive intensive and experiential training.
4. Ongoing Community of Practice: October 2010 – 2011
- Monthly… Continue reading
Summary of Need and Purpose
- Many people are living in times of high-level uncertainty.
- People are hungry for more meaningful work and community.
- People want to contribute to their local community.
- Train together in the next level of skills / tools that can be applied to existing and new participant projects.
- Foster processes for accessing collective wisdom that moves… Continue reading
- Invite celebration, joyousness, creativity.
- Get to do / “get to have to do.”
- People want renewal together and of what is already in them
- Whatever the challenge, community is the answer (The Berkana Institute)
- “The answer to how is yes.” (Peter Block)
- The wisdom we need is already in the systems where we work and live.
- “Activate” resonance of leadership… Continue reading